Unrestricted View

"Lou is not talking about mechanics when he goes out to the mound,"
~Chicago Cubs pitching coach Larry Rothschild

Friday, August 26, 2005

Who's on First?



Is that Adam LaRoche or Lyle Overbay? I can't tell. Maybe you don't know what I'm talking about, so I'll explain it to you. If anyone tuned into TBS for the Braves/Brewers game tonight they'd know what I mean. The Brewers, playing at home, opted to wear throwback jerseys from their days as the Milwaukee Braves. The uniforms look almost identical to the Atlanta Braves home jerseys. They even say Braves in the same script as the current Braves. Normally this might be a good marketing idea. But when the real Braves are in town, in just looks dumb.

Ned Yost is furious about having to wear a jersey that has the team name of their opponent, and I don't blame him. In fact, I would have supported the team had they decided to refuse wearing the jersey. Something just seems wrong about the whole idea. Doesn't management see this? Could they not have decided to introduce the throwbacks another time? This is the only weekend out of the year that the idea doesn't make sense. Where's management's head on this one. I think they've been drinking to much of their sponsers product, if you ask me.

Digg it   ♦del.icio.us   ♦Technorati   ♦StumbleUpon   ♦Google   ♦Yahoo   ♦reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW A Cub Fan Rants Unrestricted View