Unrestricted View

"Lou is not talking about mechanics when he goes out to the mound,"
~Chicago Cubs pitching coach Larry Rothschild

Thursday, October 13, 2005

Great Quotes From Athletes

I've recently stumbled across some interesting statements from the likes of Roy Williams and Kwame Brown.

Roy Williams on Joey Harrington

"I'm not saying I don't trust him. He can stay at my house anytime he wants to. I'm not saying that. I'm just saying on the football field, we don't have that trust and that closeness and that communication on the football field right now at this point, and that's what we're trying to get to."

It's good to know the slumber party for Friday night is still on. I'm looking forward to that.



Kwame Brown

"This is my first summer [with] no trouble. I ain't go to jail for speeding. Didn't go to jail for DUI. I didn't break my foot. I didn't break my other foot. I'm one step ahead of the game already."

I'm sure Phil Jackson is extremely encouraged by your ability to stay out of jail and the ER. Somehow, I don't see this translating into success on the court.

Diddy

"I felt like the 'P' was coming between me and my fans. We had to simplify it. It was, you know, during concerts and half the crowd saying 'P. Diddy' and half the crowd chanting 'Diddy.' Now everybody can just chant 'Diddy.'"

My sentiments exactly. I hated the concerts because of that. Whew! Sure am gald that catastrophe has been handled.

JP Losman on Brett Favre

"He invited me into the house for a little bit. There he was with his tight little shorts, no shirt and his little red hat. He was doing some farming or something. He was covered in dirt. It was awesome."

If I didn't have a little bit of a man crush on Favre myself, I might find this statement to be a tad bit odd.

Willie Randoph

"You're not going to play for me if you don't put out."

Now this one sounds gay.

NBA Union Rep Billy Hunter

"On a scale of one to 10, I would say 60 to 65 percent."

Where does it rank on the scale of you being an idiot?

Digg it   ♦del.icio.us   ♦Technorati   ♦StumbleUpon   ♦Google   ♦Yahoo   ♦reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW A Cub Fan Rants Unrestricted View