Unrestricted View

"Lou is not talking about mechanics when he goes out to the mound,"
~Chicago Cubs pitching coach Larry Rothschild

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Congrats ChiSox!!



It's late, and I have to work in about seven hours, but I had to write here while I could. Congrats to the White Sox!! Y'all got the monkey off your back and not only won your first playoff game since 1959, but actually won your first playoff series since 1917 (BlackSox, ya know). So, proper respect to the South Siders for sweeping the defending "Champs". You proved, once again, that it's pitching that wins in October.

And, on that note, it only gets better for you because now the overworked pitching staff gets to sit at home and (hopefully) watch the other ALDS series go 5. It's the best you could hope for. If it does, count the White Sox as winners and into the Promised Land of the World Series. Seriously. I know, I know, I didn't even pick them to beat the BoSox, but now that they have, now that they've shown me and so many others that they are for real, I think it's their's to lose. Count them in. If I were the White Sox, I'd want the Yankees. I'd want their mediocre pitching in town against the best pitching left in the playoffs. Watch out y'all, it just might be the White Sox's year.

Anyway, before I cross boundaries that Cubs' Fans aren't supposed to cross, there's a lot of baseball still left to be played. I just want to come clean and say I was wrong South Siders, you've got the stuff. You proved it at the Cell and in Fenway. You deserve all the props you're about to get and more. Enjoy it. You deserve it.

Whatever it's worth, Dan Patrick got on the bandwagon before Game 3 and now calls the White Sox "his team". So, slowly but surely, the writers, including me, are coming around.

Great job against the Red Sox. I wish you the best of luck in the ALCS. Again, with the rest your pitching staff is getting, my Bro, (and also my bestfriend), Kevin, you've got to be ECSTATIC. I hope your boys go far. Sorry to Suzanne, as well, who I butchered for talking Iguchi as AL Rookie of the Year about a month ago. She looks a lot smarter than me right now. Even if Huston Street still wins it. I apologize.

Anyway, that's about as much Crow as I can stand. I'll be back tomorrow and try to be right this time.

Later.

Digg it   ♦del.icio.us   ♦Technorati   ♦StumbleUpon   ♦Google   ♦Yahoo   ♦reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW A Cub Fan Rants Unrestricted View