Unrestricted View

"Lou is not talking about mechanics when he goes out to the mound,"
~Chicago Cubs pitching coach Larry Rothschild

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

O' What a Glorious Day!



The past 24 hours have been great to me and other Packer fans across the nation. As everyone knows by know, Brett Favre has made the decision to give it one more go around. On top of that, Charles Woodson has agreed to terms with the Packers on a 7 year deal.

I know Woodson may not be the Pro Bowl calibur player he once was, but he's an above average corner and a definite upgrade over Ahmad Carroll. If you don't recognize Carroll's name it's probably because I didn't attach the phrase, "holding - #28 of the defense" before it.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the upcoming season. I realize the Pack was 4-12 last year but I felt like they played much better than that. Even with all of the injuries and Favre's 29 interceptions, the team managed to stay competitive in nearly every game. They lost 5 games by 3 points of less and another 3 by a touchdown or less. This was all with a 4th string running back, a decimated recieveing corps, and a makeshift offensive line.

I believe a healthy Packer team in '05 could have won 9-10 games. Now bring in Woodson, Pickett, Manuel, a full year of Gardner, and Hawk/Ferguson/Williams and I think you've got a team that will surprise folks with their talent.

I'll have more about the Packers after the draft. I need a chance to see who's coming in and whether or not Javon Walker will be back with the team. If he's traded it should be sometime before Sunday.

Hopefully, I won't have to sit through another season like this.

Digg it   ♦del.icio.us   ♦Technorati   ♦StumbleUpon   ♦Google   ♦Yahoo   ♦reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW A Cub Fan Rants Unrestricted View