Unrestricted View

"Lou is not talking about mechanics when he goes out to the mound,"
~Chicago Cubs pitching coach Larry Rothschild

Monday, February 20, 2006

Ricky Violates Drug Policy...Again



Yes, even Ricky Williams can surprise me. I had to read the headline twice to make sure it was real. I'm not naive enough to think he had stopped smoking or that he wouldn't eventually get caught, but I never would've imagined it would happen this soon. His season just ended 6 weeks ago.

This guy is turning out to be one of the biggest losers in professional sports history - even bigger than Maurice Clarett. OK, I won't go that far. Atleast Ricky has put together some great NFL seasons.

Thus far the league has yet to comment on the reports that the Denver Post released today. But if they are true, and I assume they are, he faces a year suspension for his 4th drug violation. I don't see him ever coming back into the league. A year from now he'll be 30 years old, the downside of a running back's career. He will also have played in a total of 12 games over the previous 3 years. I don't see anyone taking a chance on a guy with those credentials. That's even if he wants to play.

I'm begginning to wonder why I even care about this bufoon anyways. You know what? I don't. Not anymore. So long, Ricky! Have a great life! I will have forgotten about you shortly. Peace!

Digg it   ♦del.icio.us   ♦Technorati   ♦StumbleUpon   ♦Google   ♦Yahoo   ♦reddit

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Google
WWW A Cub Fan Rants Unrestricted View